Monday, July 11, 2011

The Cultures Food and Drink

Food and Drink in Angola

The Angolan culture is very traditional in their choice of food and drink. Most of the food in Angola is grown in cultivated fields called plantations (also known as shambas). The work to that is needed to maintain the shambas, such as planting, weeding, and harvesting, are mainly done by the women in the Angolan culture. The women, like most of the cultures in Africa, are responsible for cooking and providing food for their families. The preparation of Angolan food is also traditional. The location of the kitchen is set apart from where the Angolan people dwell. They are known for using the traditional huge black pots to prepare their food. They do not use stoves to cook their food. Their source of cooking consists of neatly placed stones as a surface. They use traditional wood and fire to cook. The Angolan culture generally follows the South African choice of food and drink. The most popular types of foods are meats and vegetables. Most meats consist of the regular chicken, meats, pork, and fish. The Angolans choice of vegetables includes yams, okra, cassava, black eye-peas, cabbage, maize-corn, and sweet potatoes. With a vast variety of meats and vegetables, Angolans have a large selection of different common spices. For example, garlic, melegueta pepper, cloves, black peppercorns, cardamom, nutmeg, turmeric, pilau mix, and curry powder. One of the more popular foods that are prepared in Angola is biltong. Biltong, which is a popular dish throughout the South African culture, is made by salting and drying beef. Preparing biltong is simple, but the process of dying takes time. The taste and seasoning of this dish is well known throughout the world. The popular drink in Angola would be South African wines. More popular in the Western Cape, Angolans usually drink pinot age and hanepoort. These types of wines are made from cultivated grapes. Of course water is extremely widespread as well. 

http://internationalbusiness.wikia.com/wiki/Food_and_Drink_in_Angola

1 comment:

  1. My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,

    ReplyDelete